We focus on responsible action. We rely on products from sustainable cultivation and on environmentally friendly packaging, transparency and trust in our partners. We guarantee fresh fish of the highest quality.
OUR COMMITMENT TO THE ENVIRONMENT IS CHARACTERIZED BY:
– We do not use any fish from overfished stocks.
– We care for the maritime ecosystem and do not fish in protected marine areas.
– We rely on sustainable catching methods.
– Our catching methods ensure that no endangered species are harmed and
that by catch is minimized.
– Our breeders do not use any algicide or genetically modified organisms.
– Our fisheries are transparent and adhere to national and international laws.
– Our partners bear social responsibility with regard to fishers, breeders and
– All parties involved in the flow of goods take measures to minimize CO2
Guidelines provided by Friend of the Sea.
Guidelines adhered to by our fish suppliers.
Fish and meat declaration:
Tuna (no bluefin tuna)
Chicken and beef
We prioritize ecologically or organically cultivated products. These include, for example, organic tea varieties from Asia, our own coffee brand Bocafé, and our refreshing drink yootea, which bears the European organic label.
THE ESSENTIALS IN BRIEF:
yootea consists entirely of organically cultivated ingredients and proudly bears the European organic label.
Tea from Asia is also organically cultivated.
Bocafé beans are obtained from Rainforest-Alliance-certified coffee farms that make an ecological and social contribution.
Bio Bears and Sours contain organically cultivated ingredients
We use environmentally friendly packaging and regularly assess our consumption with regard to possible reductions.
THE ESSENTIALS IN BRIEF:
Plastic covers are recycled by means of proper waste processing.
Cleaning agents that we use have a proven lower environmental impact, contain fewer hazardous substances and come in recyclable packaging material.
Placemats are made of FSC (Forest Stewardship Council) paper from certified forestry.
Takeaway cutlery is based on vegetable starch that is also heat-resistant and rigid as a result of a crystallization process.
Carrier bags are also made from FSC-certified paper.
Takeaway packaging is made from compostable and biodegradable cornstarch, as well as PET.
SUSTAINABLE ENERGY SUPPLY
In all Yooji’s establishments, we use fair, green electricity from Swiss hydropower. The generation of electricity in hydropower plants makes a significant contribution to climate protection, as it is completely CO2-neutral. The environmental impact of run-of-river power plants is also only minor.